Safe & Secure
Coupon issuers will only accept coupons as payment that were obtained orderly. In this way, security risks are very low.
Easy to Use
No crypto jargon, no new concepts. Everyone knows coupons.
Coupons are speculation protected and inflation resistant.
Companies already use coupons, and coupons are legal.
The founders come up with an idea to help solve unemployment after the Great Recession.
The European Commission provides 20,000 EUR in seed funding via the European Social Innovation Competition.
We finish a performant implementation of our core innovation, the network barter algorithm.
We develop multiple version of our pay.coupons platform software until it is truly user friendly.
The PayCoupons project incorporates in Berlin, Germany as PayCoupons GmbH.
PCT fee payments
PCT tokens will be accepted as a payment method on the PayCoupons exchange platform, pay.coupons.
Payment modules for several open source webshop systems that provide “PayCoupons” as a payment method, using the new public payment API of the pay.coupons platform.
Smartphone wallet app
We release the offline wallet software for PayCoupons is released as an open source smartphone app for Android. It includes offline payment functionality.
After this audit, the PayCoupons exchange platform and the offliine wallet application can be considered ready for productive use with large values of coupons.
Computer scientist who works as a self-employed IT professional. Matt is interested in all things about alternative economics, including timebanks, complementary currencies, cryptocurrencies and credit-based schemes.
Software developer and entrepreneur. Daniel is passionate about making software as easy and useful as possible.
Here you can redeem your free PCT!
PayCoupons Tokens (PCT) are a value token on the Stellar blockchain, created by PayCoupons GmbH as a means of paying fees for using the pay.coupons platform.
To be able to accept our PCT token, you first have to create a trustline from your account to our token, using the following data:
- Asset code: PCT
- Anchor Domain: pay.coupons
Depending on your Stellar wallet, you might have to enter this instead of an anchor domain:
- Issuer Account ID:
You can do this operation with most of the available Stellar wallets. It is sometimes named differently ("create trust", "accept asset", "trust issuer"). If you can't find it in your favourite wallet, you can follow our instructions below for the StellarTerm web wallet below. (You can use StellarTerm just for this process, then continue with your favorite wallet. Because your tokens and trustlines are not stored in the wallet but in the Stellar blockchain!)
Trusting our PCT token with StellarTerm web wallet
- Log in to StellarTerm. Open the StellarTerm web wallet and log in with your Stellar account's secret key – or if necessary, create a new Stellar account.
- Make sure you have ≥2 XLM. A balance of at least 2 XLM (Stellar Lumens, ca. 0.50 EUR / 0.57 USD) on your Stellar account is the minimum balance required to make the Stellar blockchain hold PCT tokens. It will not be used up, but is technically required for an account to receive and hold PCT tokens. It consists of 1 XLM minimum balance to have an active account, 0.5 XLM to be able to create one trustline (to PCT), and 0.5 XLM as "reserve" to pay transaction fees, which are only 0.00001 XLM each.
- If necessary, get more XLM. If your account has less than 2 XLM in balance, you should send some more to your account address. You can buy Stellar Lumens (XLM) from multiple exchanges, in exchange for either cryptocurrencies or state-issued currencies.
- Accept the PCT asset.
- In the StellarTerm main menu, go to "Accept Assets" and scroll down a bit to "Accept asset via anchor domain".
- Enter into field "Anchor Domain": pay.coupons
- A single asset should appear as a proposal:
- Click the "Accept PCT" button to the right of the proposal.
Both steps are required in order to send you the PCT tokens you can claim in our airdrop campaign:
- Your Stellar account ID is the target address where we will send the PCT tokens to. Its function is similar to a bank account number: when we know it we can send tokens to your account, but of course we cannot take tokens from it. For that, the private key is necessary. Be sure to not confuse the two! Your account's private key is has to be kept private, while your account ID (also called the public key) is ok to be publish.
- A Stellar trustline from your account to our PCT token is an expression that you allow your account to hold our PCT tokens. Before you allow it, we cannot send you PCT. From the Stellar developer guide: "When you hold an asset, you must trust the issuer to properly redeem its credit. Since users of Stellar will not want to trust just any issuer, accounts must explicitly trust an issuing account before they’re able to hold the issuer’s credit. […] To trust an issuing account, you create a trustline."
Creating or deleting a trustline does not cost you anything, but while you have a trustline the minimum balance required on your account is 0.5 XLM.
10 million (10,000,000) PayCoupons Tokens (PCT), equating to 20% of total supply, are eligible for distribution to Stellar Lumen (XLM) holders in an airdrop event. The airdrop starts on June 15, 2018 and ends October 15, 2018 at 24:00 UTC.
We took a snapshot of the Stellar blockchain on June 13, 2018 at 16:00 UTC. The snapshot contains the Stellar Lumen (XLM) balances of all Stellar accounts at that time. All accounts with a minimum balance of 5 XLM are eligible to receive PCT in the airdrop. The payout is determined as follows:
- An eligible account is eligible to receive a base payout of 5 PCT.
- In addition to that, the account is eligible to receive a payout of 0.010794855733408819… PCT per XLM. Up to 50,000 XLM per account are considered.
These numbers are chosen so that exactly 10 million PCT are distributed if every Stellar account holder claims their eligible PCT payout.
See page "PayCoupons – Terms and Conditions". This contains all terms and conditions, including the last four main points which deal specifically with obtaining and using the PayCoupons Token (PCT).
No. You can also pay your pay.coupons usage fees with money. However note that you are offered a 50% discount when using PCT tokens instead.
No. The full amount of 50 million PCT have been minted already, and it is not possible to create more. You can make sure this is the case by confirming that no signer is left in the issuing account.
To promote the use of PayCoupons – Handouts of "free money" are sure to attract attention (though not, PCT is not money in legal terms). Interested recipients will also learn about the PayCoupons system and start using it for their business.
To create value for the PCT token – The PCT token can only be useful to pay the pay.coupons platform fees and to cover business expenses of the PayCoupons GmbH if it has value. To have value, there has to be demand, and to be in demand, the token has to attract attention.
Due to regulatory restrictions, this program is closed to: Residents of the USA, China, Japan, South Korea, Canada, and New Zealand.
These restrictions are subject to change to account for changes in regulatory posture.